Cockburn Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Cockburn Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing cockburn.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Cockburn for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Cockburn?
Cockburn Galleries and Museums
Galleries, museums and historical venues in and around the city of Cockburn showcase a rich cultural heritage and give visitors an insight into the region's diverse history. From art and photography to marine life and aviation, there are plenty of places to explore. In this article, we will categorise, list and describe each site to help you plan your visit.
1. BMG Art - Located on Elder Place in Fremantle, BMG Art is a contemporary art gallery that showcases Australian art. The gallery features a diverse range of works, including paintings, sculptures, installations and photography.
2. Artitja Fine Art - Situated on Jarrad Street in Cottesloe, Artitja Fine Art is a vibrant gallery that showcases contemporary Indigenous art. The gallery features works from a range of remote and urban-based artists who come from the Kimberley, Pilbara, Western Desert, Central and Northern regions of Western Australia.
3. Fremantle Arts Centre - Located on Finnerty Street in Fremantle, Fremantle Arts Centre is a dynamic visual arts centre that features a range of contemporary art exhibitions, workshops, and events. The centre offers a diverse range of programs for people of all ages, including exhibitions, residencies, and arts education programs.
1. Western Australian Museum - The Western Australian Museum has a fascinating collection of natural history, science, and cultural artifacts relating to Western Australia. Located on James Street in Fremantle, the museum features exhibitions on marine life, dinosaurs, Aboriginal culture, and much more.
2. Aviation Heritage Museum - Located on Bull Creek Drive in Bull Creek, the Aviation Heritage Museum is a must-visit for aviation enthusiasts. The museum features an outstanding collection of aircraft from WWI, II, and the modern era. Visitors can also learn about the history of aviation in Western Australia, see displays of engines and aviation equipment, and much more.
1. Fremantle Prison - Fremantle Prison is a historical venue that gives visitors an insight into life behind bars in the early years of Western Australia. Located on The Terrace in Fremantle, the prison features guided tours, interactive displays, and artefacts that tell the story of the prison's rich history.
2. Round House - The Round House is a historical landmark located in Fremantle, Western Australia. Built-in 1831, it was the first permanent building in the Swan River Colony. The round shape of the building allows visitors to see panoramic views of the surrounding area. Guided tours of the building are available, with visitors able to learn about the history of the Round House.
3. Maritime Museum - The Maritime Museum is located on Victoria Quay in Fremantle and features a range of exhibitions on maritime history. Visitors can see displays of historic boats, explore the Western Australian coastal environment, and learn about the history of the Australian navy.
these are just some of the many galleries, museums and historical venues that are located in and around the city of Cockburn. Whether you're interested in art, history, or science, there is something to suit everyone's interests. So if you're planning a trip to Western Australia, these venues are must-visit places that should be on your to-do list.
Cockburn Galleries and Museums Articles