Cockburn Visitor Information
Cockburn, Western Australia - Visitor Information
Cockburn is a local government area and suburb located in the southern suburbs of Perth, Western Australia. The area is named after the Cockburn Sound.
Getting to Cockburn
Cockburn is located approximately 22 kilometers south of Perth CBD. The easiest way to get to Cockburn is by car via the Kwinana Freeway. Alternatively, public transport options include trains and buses operated by Transperth.
Things to do in Cockburn
- Visit Cockburn Gateway Shopping City for shopping and entertainment
- Relax and enjoy the sun at Coogee Beach
- Explore the nearby Beeliar Regional Park
- Go cycling along Bibbulmun Track or Kwinana Freeway Shared Path
- Visit the Cockburn ARC (Aquatic and Recreation Centre) for swimming and fitness activities
Accommodation in Cockburn
There are several accommodation options in and around Cockburn, ranging from budget-friendly hotels to luxury resorts. Some of the popular accommodations include:
- Cockburn Central Bed & Breakfast
- The Sphinx Hotel
- Quest Rockingham Apartment Hotel
- The Sebel Mandurah
Events in Cockburn
Cockburn hosts several events throughout the year, such as:
- Cockburn Cultural Fair
- Coogee Live
- Cockburn Rotary Spring Fair
- Cockburn Show
Cockburn is a vibrant and welcoming suburb that offers something for everyone. With its natural beauty, modern amenities, and friendly locals, it's a must-visit destination for anyone exploring Western Australia.